DSI Case Study – Big Data Analysis
Paramount Bed Holdings Co., Ltd. (TSE:7817) – パラマウントベッドホールディングス株式会社
Paramount at $700 million is the largest hospital bed and related equipment manufacturer in Japan. The company offers hospital bed products, including ICU, VIP room, electric, manual crank, bariatric, pediatric, infant, and psychiatric beds, as well as accessories for beds; mattress products comprising standard and pressure reduction mattress; emergency and transport stretchers; and hemotherapy and dialysis chairs.
Big Data Analysis – U.S. Hospital Bed Market
DSI Investment Banking Services, Inc. formed a Global Team for Paramount that included The McLean Group, LLC, in Washington DC, and Pinnacle, Inc. in Tokyo, to facilitate a 9-month consulting assignment to survey, review and interpret market trends in the Healthcare Industry. Big data analysis included:
- A U.S. demographic review of retirement patterns in the U.S.; nursing home admissions; growth in assisted living units; and Medicare and Medicaid growth and its projected impact on the hospital beds market.
- Review of the 2009 Affordable Health Care for America Act (HR 3962) to determine its impact on healthcare facilities and subsequent demand for hospital beds.
- Analysis of the entire patient platform market including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living, hospice and Medicare and Medicaid-approved facilities.
- Analysis of all manufacturers of hospital beds in the U.S. and review of supply chain distribution, pricing, customers and relative market position.
- Analysis of “Smart Bed” and “Intelligent Surfaces” technology as its applies to hospital beds and future growth in the sector.
- Analysis of the entire U.S. healthcare system including Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), Integrated Delivery Network (IDN), and related networks responsible for purchasing hospital beds. Analysis of all hospital bed manufactures in the U.S. and selection of appropriate acquisition targets.
DSI Global View LLC coordinates a virtual Global Networking Platform composed of over 225 investment banking firms, consulting firms and university and technology centers in 35 countries. DSI builds Global Teams to meet specific client value-added IT, Joint Venture and M&A mandates.